Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Week 3 & 4 Update

Tomorrow's a big day, the drywall starts to go in, which means the cabinets are not far away, which means the sink isn't far away, etc. We're about half way through and getting a little tired of the whole thing. We've discovered that cooking a pasta meal on the grill is NOT easy, washing dishes is even harder and the one remaining functioning bathroom is too small for both of us. The good news is I'm getting more exercise because when I go to Gold's Gym to take a shower I exercise as long as I'm there.

Anyway, a lot of progress this week.

1) Granite has been selected and ordered : Blue Pearl for you granite fans

2) All plumbing fixtures have been ordered. Mom has a great story about the plumbing supply guy. He's one of my hockey buddies and his email address is TTOILET@AOL.com so it's not hard to imagine that it's entertaining. You gotta hear the story, so ask her sometime.

3) Electrical is all roughed in. True to my opinion that electricians are like programmers, they finished late after committing to be on time and didn't really finish. Ask Mom about her back and forth with the head electrician when she asked the simple question "When are those cans going to installed" (she was pointing to them at the time). Reminds me of a LOT of conversations I've had at work over the years.

4) Tile for the backsplash has been chosen and ordered (I think). Light blue in a subway size. I predict this will be the highlight of the kitchen.

I'll post pictures once the drywall is installed. We should also be seeing cabinets by the end of next week.

We're getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment